Throughout the year, the GVC BMW CCA also hosts a variety of fun social events such as our Annual Meeting, Holiday Party, Chili Cook-off, and an occasional Scenic Tour, Tech Session or Clean-up.
- Our annual meeting is our dressy social gathering and includes dinner, door prizes, and entertainment. An election of officers is held bi-anually. Internationally known Guest Speakers have included automotive or racing personalities, such as David Hobbs, David E. Davis, Eric Wensberg, Brock Yates, Larry Crane, Denise McCluggage, Ross Bentley, Boris Said, and others.
- To celebrate the holidays, meet the significant others, and give the rest of us an opportunity to meet up with other bimmerphiles and swap car stories during the off-season, the GVC hosts its Holiday Party sometime in the December - January timeframe… If in December we talk about the anticipated toys, if in January we share notes on the toys received…Held at interesting places like Artisan Works or the Memorial Art Gallery, we also use this event to give back to the community by collecting articles of clothing for the Open Door Mission.
- Our annual Go-kart and Picnic is a fun event for the entire family. In the morning there is free lapping for kids of all ages! A great way for children and adults to share the track and develop driving skills! Afterward, we sometimes meet meet nearby to enjoy a summer picnic with family and car friends at a local park.
- During the summer we also have a couple of impromptu meets. Many of these are nothing more than a decision to get together someplace on a warm summers evening and admire the cars for what they are. We often meet for a cruise night to partake of all the different types of automotive art.
- Tours are a delightful combination of challenging roads, beautiful countryside and a variety of BMWs, club members and friends. Destinations have included such noteable places as Brock Yate's once famous Canonball Pub in Wyoming NY, and Cartwright's Maple Tree Inn Angelica NY, known for its family-style all-you-can-eat buckwheat pancakes and incredible maple products. We've also taken rides through the Fingerlakes Region to visit local wineries for tastings and brunch and have ventured north of the border to explore Niagara on the Lake.
Chili Cook-off - Compete in our annual Chili Cook-off. It’s a fun way to showcase the club’s best amateur chefs, and brings members and friends together for a great time! The cook-off has something for all ages, from great music to great food and games for the whole family.
Tech Sessions and Clean-ups - Scheduled throughout the year, these meetings are held at local dealers and shops. Topics range from the latest Model introductions to "bring a bucket" Spring and Fall clean-ups.
Concours / Car Shows - You may have seen the word several times in the past when associated with a car show and connected some mythical meaning to the word. Its base is french and means "competition". Shows can range from a formal event with white gloved judges examining every part of every car to a bunch of owners admiring each others vehicles and throwing votes in a hat as to who's car is the " best of show". Our shows are always casual ( no white gloves ) and no one is going to question you about the authenticity or condition of your car. We are just friends enjoying each others cars!
Upcoming events will be listed on our Home Page